A REALTOR’s® ethical obligations are based on moral integrity, competent service to clients and customers, and dedication to the interest and welfare of the public.
The REALTOR® Code establishes a standard of conduct, which in many respects exceeds basic legal requirements. This standard ensures the protection of the rights and interests of consumers of real estate services. As a condition of membership, all REALTORS® agree to abide by the Code.
If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.
Good Ethics = Good Business
Although real estate is not regulated in the Dominican Republic, we promise to adhere to a strict code of ethics in conducting any and all activities related to your sale or purchase of your Punta Cana property. In some businesses, simply doing what is legal may be good enough. But in our real estate practice we demand an ethical standard that goes above and beyond the legal requirements.
The guiding principle of ethics comes from the Latin primum non nocere, meaning first do no harm. By adhering to strict ethical guidelines we will earn your trust. By establishing trust we will build a long term business model based on long-term clients. All of these rules are intended to protect your interest.
We also believe in giving back our time and talent to the community. Every agent working for Give Realty is a volunteer or a board member at a local nonprofit. It’s a requirement for employment with the brokerage.
What Does Working with a REALTOR® mean for you?
This year, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics is 100 years old. The market has changed a lot since 1913, and the code is a living, dynamic statement that has moved with the times, updating annually to guide Realtors in their daily professional lives.
Core principles are longstanding and guarantee fair dealings with clients, the public, and other Realtors. The code’s articles include:
- Realtors protect and promote their clients’ interests while treating all parties honestly.
- Realtors refrain from exaggeration, misrepresentation, or concealment of pertinent facts related to property or transactions.
- Realtors cooperate with other real estate professionals to advance their clients’ best interests.
- When buying or selling on their own account or for their families or firms, Realtors make their true position or interest known.
- Realtors make sure that contract details are spelled out in writing and that parties receive copies.
- Realtors give equal professional service to all clients and customers irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Realtors paint a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations.
- Realtors make only truthful, objective comments about other real estate professionals.
In choosing a Realtor, home buyers are selecting a professional who voluntarily holds to a high ethical standard.